Amber McCrary is Diné zinester, feminist and writer. She was born in Tuba City, AZ (Diné Bikeyah) and raised in the Bordertown of Flagstaff, AZ. In the small town of Flagstaff is where she discovered her love for Punk Rock and the Do it Yourself Culture. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in American Indian Studies from Arizona State University. She will be pursuing her MFA in creative writing with an emphasis in poetry this fall. She enjoys many things in life such as tea, traveling, writing, reading, sulking, gardening, eating, smashing the patriarchy and learning about cultures and her own (Navajo/Diné). She currently resides in Phoenix, Arizona. Her work has appeared in Yellow Medicine Review, Bluestockings Magazine, Cloudthroat magazine and the Introduction to Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies: Interdisciplinary and Intersectional Approaches 1st Edition.
Posts by asdzaabeat:
- AZ central poetry spot and Cloudthroat
- Red Rock Lavender Festival
- Gasping glochid
- Window Rock, AZ
- Sneak peek of Angsty Asdzáá
- Angsty Asdzáá Zine.
- The mesa behind Grandma Cowboy’s house
- An ode to zine making
- Women’s March 2018- Phoenix, AZ
- Kinłání Crybaby
- Daughters of the Glittering World*revised
- Natives with neural activity (copy and pasted zine style)